Variable in accordance with the EU work time directive
Various locations throughout the UK
Do you hold a current First Aid Certificate and are interested in working for a dynamic event medical service at locations throughout the UK? if the answer is yes then complete the attached application form.
Elite EMS have bank opportunities for First Aiders to work on the event aspect of our company. You will be working alongside a number of professionals medical personnel at some of the most stunning locations in the UK.
First aiders provide basic medical services for Elite EMS to their clients which may include basic wound/fracture care, basic life support and assisting more senior qualified clinicians.
You must be in possession of a valid First Aid at Work Certificate or equivalent to apply for this position
Major Areas of responsibility
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Represent Elite EMS in a professional manner at events
- Undertake continuous training and development applicable to your specific role
- Providing basic medical care commensurate with the level of training of a first aider
- Be trained in and able to complete all documentation for all patients treated
- Have due regard to patient confidentiality at all times
- Provide assistance to colleagues and healthcare professionals where necessary
- Ensure that all equipment used is fit for purpose, cleaned and stored in accordance with procedures and any faults or damage is reported
- Read and Follow Operational Orders for each event
- Follow all other Policies and Procedures as implemented within the organisation
- Keep a record of all hours that you complete
- Keep a record of all training you receive.
- Assisting customers at events through signposting or giving information
- Assisting as necessary with the movement of equipment or materials during set up and break down of events
- Assisting with the clearing of an event site and the close of the event, e.g. litter picking, cleaning tidying
- To carry out any other duties as required by line management.
First aiders act as an immediate care giver, ensuring patient safety and if possible stabilising a patient until further clinical help arrives.