To assist the overall growth and performance of the business by supporting frontline teams in forward planning to maximize resource, ensuring we fulfill all contractual obligations from NHS Trusts and partners. The Duty Controller activities are directed by the Control Room Team Leader. To ensure an effective, efficient and consistent approach to all administration tasks and completion in a timely and accurate manner. Provide accurate reporting of data/stats as required by the business. Building a rapport with all staff members to ensure we are encouraging engagement and creating a ‘desire to work’ attitude within the frontline.
Undertake the following tasks and responsibilities including:
· Work effectively with the planning and scheduling team to ensure we are fulfilling all contractual obligations.
· Reacting efficiently, creating a rapport with frontline workers to ensure you have the capability to cover dropped shifts at short notice.
· Monitor and answer staff emails on appropriate email address.
· Confirm allocated shifts with staff both verbally and written.
· Communicate planned/allocated shifts with the respective NHS trust and clients.
· Input and update workforce management data accurately
· Communicate effectively with staff and Managers at various levels.
· Liaise with Managers to ensure effective utilisation of resource.
· Support the production of reports and statistical data when required.
· When experienced, provide supervision, support and training to new staff.
· Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of MS Office ensuring all emails and calls are answered within a timely fashion.
· Take pride in accuracy and have an ability to pay great attention to detail.
· Liaise with local repatriation services to ensure patients are collected/transported with a high level of patient care and with SLA.
· Supporting our events calendar, promoting the evets to staff and ensuring fulfilment of rotas.
To work alongside the Planning/Scheduling Control room Team Leader to ensure:
· Dropped shifts are recorded correctly to identify trends of absence etc escalated to management.
· Highlight staff that require/raise welfare concerns when dropping shifts.
· Fleet - Provide efficient vehicle availability to support frontline and you identify potential issues e.g. defects etc. Proactively plan vehicle resource inline with the following days allocation. Ensure resilience capability.
· Effectively manage crew out of service times inline with Elite out of service Standard Operating Procedure.
Provide an end of day handover to the relevant Elite departments, identify any issues that need to be addressed with immediate effect.
Assisting with any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Senior Management Team.
Good general education background to include GCSE English & Maths at level 5 or above.
Non Essential Education
A Level qualification in Business Studies
Working in a fast-paced office environment
Experience of working in public facing roles
Non Essential Experience
Experience of the Recruitment Industry
Understanding of Recruitment Legislation
Understanding and experience of Sales led industry