Qualsafe First Response Emergency Care Level 4
The QA Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised prehospital care qualification specifically designed for those looking to progress their career within the NHS or private ambulance services as an emergency care assistant, intermediate ambulance practitioner, event medical provider, associate practitioner or healthcare assistant. It is
also ideal for those who are looking to work within specialist roles in the military, police and fire services.
The Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (QCF) qualification is ideal for those who want to provide Prehospital care to patients requiring emergency treatment. As the next step for those who have completed the QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (QCF) or equivalent, this Ofqual regulated qualification is the ideal foundation for those who are looking to progress their career in the emergency services, ambulance services, event medical sector or other high risk workplaces. The qualification is accredited by Qualsafe Awards (the UK’s largest Awarding Organisation for first aid) and is clinically endorsed by The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh - Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care (FPHC). The Level 4 Certificate also meets the FPHC criteria at descriptor level ‘E’ on the Pre-hospital Emergency Medicine (PHEM) Skills Framework.
The topics covered include:
Initial patient assessment
Anatomy and physiology
Electrocardiogram application and monitoring
Managing a patient’s airway – supraglottic airways
Medical gases – including dosages and administration
Respiratory disorders and infections
Mechanisms of injury and kinetics
Full body and limb immobilisation
Psychosocial development in children
Emergency care for sick and injured children
Mental health crisis
Assisting the clinician with clinical interventions
Fulfilling the competencies set out in the PHEM skills
framework at descriptor level E, this fantastic qualification
providers learners with the knowledge and skills needed
to be able to respond to a wide range of prehospital
care emergencies, such as: major incidents, fracture
immobilisation, sick and injured children, mental health
crisis and more.
Course Cost: £504 inc VAT.
39 hours course (minimum),
141 hours self-directed study
Qualification & Accreditation:
Learners will be continually assessed throughout the duration of the FREC® course, with successful candidates receiving a QA Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (QCF) certificate.
This is valid for lifetime as long as you continue CPD an hold an up to date ILS certificate.
This qualification may be used towards achieving other pre-hospital care qualifications, including the Level 5 Certificate in First Response Emergency and Urgent Care (QCF). Qualsafe now also offer a route to Paramedic through there range of FREC courses.
Eligibility and Entry Requirements
• Learner must hold a valid (in date) QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF).
• Learner must provide a QA approved Centre with an accurate CPD profile that is their own work ready for audit.
• CPD profile must contain an accurate report on the activities a Learner has undertaken to improve their practice.
• CPD profile must show how 118hrs of study and/or contextualised practice have been completed a record of study may include a variety of activities including reading journals, social media posts or news articles,
preparing presentations, attending CPD sessions, work-related training, researching and writing assignments and watching videos. The area of study should focus on the learners area of practice, benefit patients and prepare
learners for studying the Qualsafe Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF) (L4 FREC).
A CPD profile including contextualised practice should include a variety of activities that reflect the Learner’s continual professional development of skills and knowledge associated with their role.
- 28 May 2024, 09:00 – 01 Jul 2024, 17:00Tamworth, Tamworth B77, UKAs the next step for those who have completed the QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF), this qualification provides learners with a wider scope of practice in prehospital care emergencies, allowing for greater employment opportunities
- 01 Aug 2024, 09:00 – 09 Sept 2024, 17:00Tamworth, Tamworth B77, UKAs the next step for those who have completed the QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF), this qualification provides learners with a wider scope of practice in prehospital care emergencies, allowing for greater employment opportunities
Our training center is fully equipped with modern training equipment designed to enhance your learning experience. Our spacious classrooms are equipped with a variety of tools and resources that enable us to simulate realistic scenarios and provide hands-on learning opportunities. This immersive approach to training helps ensure that you are fully prepared for real-world situations